View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

GO to the track and watch..and watch and watch and watch...
then get you a safe S-L-O-W-ER car and take it to the nights were the slower test and tune cars go...and learn all you can about the basic stuff such as..which lanes to stage (fast and slow lanes),how to stage, proper Burn out technique,..basic track manners etc.....i could go on and on

you would be surprised today at the SO-CALLED experienced racer who still cannot execute a proper burnout ( they never pull all the way out of the water before starting their burnout).

there is a lot to learn besides getting in a car and going down the track.

My opinion......take a full season of what i just mentioned, then if you still want to class race,find you a class mentioned above.

then if you really want to feel how this can really get..find you someone experienecd with a SUB 5 second (eighth mile) car with 2 seats and let them take you on the return road just for a warm up...or if track allows..go for a shake down with a hard lauching 60ft..(1.15-1.16)

this will tell you if this sport is for you or not and it will also tell you how fast you want to go...i have seen many long time racers sit their butts in a real fast car and have a change of heart on this sport or at least how fast they want to go....

Big Power has a way of humbling a man/woman.......

start crawling then walk and run...
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "