Thread: pay pal?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Pay Pal

I have 2 reaons I do not want to use paypal for selling or buying.

I purchased a set of new PRO TOPLINE/RHS BBC 320 heads from a individual using paypal. The guy threw in a set of titanium retainers, valve locks and valve springs to make the deal. He represented them as slightly used and complete.

What I got was a slightly used set of bare heads that were fully ported. They had some stains in the water jackets that showed they had been run a little bit. They were nice heads, just not new. He did not mention they had been ported. I am still using those heads today with no issues.

The retainers were Manley Super 7 as were the locks, but were short 2 retainners and 4 locks. They turned out to be obsolete number and Manley could not provide any to match them.

The springs were 2 short and were of 2 different kinds.

I still have the springs, retainers and locks if anybody has parts to match.

When I asked what the deal was, he just said I stole them from him so he was done with it.

Paypal said they tryed to get my money back, but he had removed all funds from his account.

As far as selling, I hear too many people say the buyer can complain to paypal and end up with your parts and your money if it is available in your account. I would like to know if this is true from someone with first hand knowledge or experience.