Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

being Ex-law enforcement i will have to say this Video troubles me and the authors report (story) bothers me more...i watched the video 2 times..but only needed to watch it once..As a Certified law enforcement officer i saw many things in the video and the story was off base STUFF SAID BY AUTHOR I DID NOT SEE IN VIDEO..( loaded).

i am not going to try to give a lecture on Police traning and survival to a audience that has no background/Training or Experience in this field....

but i will give you a few key areas of training that took me back to my day in uniform as I watched this clip

1st- a written citation is courtesy summons, but if the violater refuses the citation or the officer feels he must take him in (arrest) and post bond.he has right to do so.

2nd - at the time the officer places the violater under arrest.the violater must cooperate with the officer 100%..until the handcuffs applied where the officer and suspect is safe is only a decent time for questioning on either side...the handcuffs doesn't effect the arrest..when the officer advised suspect he was under arrest ..HE IS UNDER ARREST..handcuffs just make it safe for everyone.

remember the officer doesn't know who he has pulled over,what he has just done or where he is going..its all a guess..

3rd- a taser is NOT the last defense before deadly force..thats all i will say about that....what decison would the officer have if the taser wasn't present.....wrestle the guy,let him go,,call for back up and 4 officers bum rush him.....

looks efficient to me...and no one was hurt but some pride...

4- in order to use deadly force there must be 3 areas of criteria met before an officer has the legal right to use deadly force.#.1- Ability- does suspect have ability to hurt or harm officer # 2- Opportunity- does the suspect have the opportunity #3 is the officer in jeapordy..

if these 3 areas are met 100% the officer has the right to use deadly force...THIS DOES NOT MEAN SHOOT TO KILL..it means using enough force to eliminate the threat..

i put myself in that spot and there were 3 things that happened here that called for elevated force.
1- suspect refused Citation and direct orders. VERBAL COMMAND IS GIVEN MULTIPLE TIMES
2- the suspect continued to disobey the officers command...and the BIG mistake he did was when he placed his right hand toward his pocket and turned around and took a few steps toward his car...how was the officer to effect the arrest NOW...WAS SUSPECT REACH FOR A GUN..TRYING TO GET A GUN ..OR DRIVE OFF IN HIS CAR ?????..#1- tackle and wrestle him down..NO..those days are over with..too many officers being ambushed or having their own weapons taken from their holster and shot with them....

so yes i would have made a move on him also...

for everyone of these vidoes posted..i can show ypu one where a ROUTINE traffic stop ended up with the officer getting ambushed,shot and killed.....i refuse to post one of these vidoes out of respect of my fallen brothers.

and if one gets posted i will take it on my own to delete it..just being straight up

sorry tod..i luv ya bro..but i hate to see this $hit posted......its too much for the untrained (general public) to understand...

i started not to respond but felt i should say my piece weather its understood or not....

if anyone would like for me to answer anymore about my post invloving this subject please PM me i will not go back and forth on a public forum and try to explain the training ,saftey and judgement call of a young officer..
the video is Loaded for the general public and looks like its working....

sorry this is a VERY SORE SPOT WITH ME.. been there and lost too many brothers on ROUTINE CALLS.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "