Thread: Indy
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Well, based on what we know, EVERYBODY had two more passes (or "Hits') coming . . If that's giving someone an edge, dunno who it would be . . Cruz needs another pass or two, and a couple of other guys who generally qualify well should get another shot.

And while I don't want to start a pissing match or anything like that, I have to say, Force, Kalitta and Schumacher have done a lot for pro nitro racing, both in development and safety. But they also have done a lot for themselves, which some might view as negative.

I know Force, and can say that he loves what he does . . The old (not as old as me) SoB lives and breathes Nitro Funny Cars. Now, whether he "Owns" NHRA or not, I'll leave to others . . But, if you don't like Force, it's gonna be one of those things that just pisses you off for a long time to come, because he'll probably be putting his grandkids in Funny Cars when they get old enough . . Not that I care . .

A comment gained from observation, NHRA apparently doesn't know anywhere near as much as the crew at Bandimere's about track prep because watching qualifying on Friday night, I have to say, the track surface at least to the 660' was "Junk" . . At least for the high HP guys . . Lots of slick "Spots" and uneven lanes. The "Groove" was all over the place and non existent in some spots . . Pedregon's little mishap with the wall was a good example. Even the Pro Stock people were having trouble with tire spin in places they shouldn't . .

Dew, Rain or just "heavy Air" might have been the problem too, but in either case, NHRA was defying fate when they let those cars run on that shaky of a surface . . just asking for a disaster!