Thread: They're here
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Ha Ha. My step dad has over 120 remote control airplanes.

Some of his planes / jets (all electric) can fly a good bit over 100mph.
Y'know I know several guys who also have R/C planes and some of them are downright scary because they do fly pretty fast and with the new controls and the size of cameras and resolution that they're capable of, you can fly your planes out of sight now . . So, they too, become "Drones" . .

Think on this, because this could be a two way street in the future . . Today's speed limit for R/C aircraft (look it up if you don't believe me) is 198 mph. Set by the FAA. And the "Jets" are real Jets, running on Fuel, kinda neat, really . . . Check one out . . It hauls ass . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEiVDK0p88

I say this because since the "Drone" conversation began, it's crossed my mind (didn't have far to go) that these R/C's could be "Armed" just as easily as a "Dedicated Drone" could . . Y'think?

A couple of years ago the feds arrested an Arab who was going to use 3/4 scale Model Airplanes with jet power as radio controlled missiles to blow up something or other. It was kind of "blown off" by everyone associated with the bust because he was using "Model Airplanes" . .

But, what if he had access to a half pound (or so) of C-4 and put it in the "Model Airplane" with an impact fuse? Those "Small Aircraft" will certainly carry that much weight relatively easily . . And a half pound of C-4 would make a hellova BANG! . .

That would be, no longer a "Model Aircraft", but a guided missile . . .

Just sayin'