View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gwhiz
I must say that the track is looking pretty awesome. I remember going to this track when I was a wee little girl and I can say that it has made tremendous improvements. I'm looking forward to running some races there this year. Is there any chance that the owners are considering becoming an IHRA sanctioned track?

i think that could be a possibility..However Shady side has been around since it was a Dirt track ( if you will scroll down thru one of those threads i posted you will see it back in the 50's)....

anyhow Shadyside has established itself as one of the fastest 1/8 outlaw tracks on the East coast..they sponsor several 10.5 outlaw evets each year and pull drivers like Bill glidden,Annette Sommers,Steve Kirk,Alan Dudley..also one of the home tracks for Quann Stott and Scotty Cannon (both Multiple IHRA PRO-MOD World Champions)..

the only complaint any new racers have before they get to the track is the short shut down area...but TRUST me if a match race between Scotty Cannon jr and Quann Stott can be held there at low ET'S OF 4.03 AT 172MPH and both cars stop just fine..i do not think most anyone else will have issues...

Come on up and see us...we would love to have you.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "