Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by smiley2947
everything just came back from rons everything checked out okay. i have 12 line i have a filter on it but i took it off cuz i thought it was straving at top end yes they are suppose to be easy to tune i have a guy that has this setup on his rail and he cant figure it out either
WoW, that sounds unreal, but i realize it's not. I assume you have a front mounted fuel cell. It's also possible that you have an intake manifold leak which would cause choas. I personally don't like rons pumps, because he will never give you the flow rate, he only says it's within specs. I only use DSR,Enderle, or Hilborn pumps. I ran across this problem with a 514 Ford motor where it was doing the same thing that you seem to have a problem with. His is a 4.100 toilet bowl. I sold him a DSR -1 pump that i had as a spare and the car went from 5.78@118 too 5.61@123. In fact it broke everything on the car, rearend housing, trans, and after about 10 runs it blew the main webs off the stock block (i posted about it on RJ called Ford tuff or not) I,m not saying that you have a problem with the Ron's pump, but out of the 5 or 6 systems i worked with in the last 2 yrs. only one is still running the Ron's pump. I do have a friend a couple miles from me that runs a Ron's "0" pump on a 421" motor on alcohol (55 shoebox Chevy) that runs low 5.60's @2650 lbs and is very consistent.
Wish i was closer too you because i like B,block chevy "G" would love to tackle the problem that you are having. I've been running blown gas,blown alcohol, stacks injection, and for the last 10 yrs toilet bowls and i've never met the system i couldn't make run,
I'm hoping that your problem is a simple easy fix, but not being there it's just the things i can suggest that might find to problem.
See if you can borrow an Enderle or Hilborn pump and drive and try it. Ron's has that stupid drive lug on the pump so you would need the different drive system.

All just suggestions, hope they help.

Zip.