Thread: going large
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
doubler
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the welcome and cepx111 I do have a budget. But when I look at what I get from GM 572 for around 12-13k and then I look at what I can get with quality parts for a few thousand more it's worth it in the long run. I want a good crank and rods and gotta have some jesels or T&D's. They have made a few improvements over the years. The good stuff cost a certain amount and I am not willing to cut to many corners. If I can upgrade the rods to the Olivers on this build and keep it around my budget I will try. I figure or am willing to spend around 20k plus or minus a couple to get what I want. Besides, I keep breaking this 502 so if you count my labor I should have done this a while back! I want one of these motor that I keep hearing about that all you have to do is check the valves a couple of times and change the oil after 300 runs. I can get a deal on a Schmidt 632 nitrous motor for 35k but that is out of my range. And after just getting back from Hot August Nights, now that is some serious bling on some of those cars!

Bjuice, I am in the northwest part of the country but I did send my heads and intake in last winter to RM and bought a 7/4 cam and crower rollers. When I did talk to them about building a lower compression type motor for the "street" they said I couldn't do much better than what I had. They did say they would build me what I want but I didn't get a good feeling about it. It seemed liked they had there super series combo and weren't really into a custom motor. But I got a flyer from them and they are building street motors now so I was going to talk to them again. They are on my list of engine builders to talk to. My main concern is to find some one that as installed a tall deck motor in a 67 camaro and used a good size header. If I can find out this is possible I think I am going to go big!

Has anyone heard of stroker engines in California? He has a pretty good deal on a 620/900 hp 10/5 motor. http://www.strokerengine.com/BBC620.html
Looks like all good parts in it. What do you guys think of the 2 632 motors on Shaffirof site? I know that he has good and bad reviews here but was wondering about his combos...what do you think about the big chief heads for the "street"? I thought those heads were for upper rpm but I looked at the dyno sheet on their motor it was 6500 max. I would attach it but don't see how to do it...