Thread: .
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

To Tom and all the members of RJ (of which I'm one):

I see my errant post made it's way over here. I also see some of the guys cut and pasted my remarks to Tom afterwards and I have to say that I'm glad I have friends watching my backside. ops: ops:

But I want to personally apologize to all you guys and Tom right here on RJ. For you guys that haven't been members or been on this forum for a couple of years, you probably feel like like I slapped you in the face and that is understandable. For the guys that have been around longer than that, you knew exactly what I was referring to. There are actually 2 RJs...one before Tom and one after. In my post on Motorsports Village I was referring to the former although I failed to mention that fact because I guess I thought my audience knew what I was talking about. In hindsight, that wasn't very responsible of me. Even though I knew what I was talking about, there are a lot of new members on MSV and here on RJ that have no idea or how and why MSV came to be in the first place. You know what they say about "assume" and did I ever make an ass out of me!

Anyway, to bring you "new" guys up to date, MSV was started because of all the mudslinging that was going on here DURING THAT TIME. The RJ forum was not moderated and it just got out of hand. About the same time MSV was started and a lot of us jumped ship, Tom was given the job of cleaning this place up and what a great job he has done. If he hasn't deleted the old posts you can go way back and see what we had to contend with then. I'm sure my post from MSV will then make more sense.

I do wish that Tom had pm'd me before copying my post here and I would have explained and edited my post to clarify what I meant. But that's water under the bridge. I hope there's no hard feelings. There's none on my part.

So come over and see us at MSV. We'll treat ya so many ways you'll have to like one of them!

My Best,

George McClain
Site Admin
MotorsportsVillage.com