View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

And . . The NASCAR engine builders are another of the sources of my long held beliefs . . I have a friend who is one of Childress' HP hunters. His job is to massage the head and find .25 of a HP . . I get feedback from him on this from time to time, and those guys will tell you that their Gen IV engines run on a very narrow Temp range of 235-240° and they have the technology to keep them there . . (except for hot dog wrappers)

But, (and this is why I put this up here) we're doing something entirely different, with (actually) entirely different engines and purpose . .

On the Pro Stock thing, might be a good idea. Back when we were running a super comp car, we cooled it with a "Cool Tank" we had in the trailer. It held 40 gallons of water and a small radiator. We had a 12 v pump on it and had hydraulic quick connect fittings on the block and hoses. After a pass we'd just hook the car up to the trailer and as part of the between round maint, cool it to 100° . . fast! Of course this was a FED so just circulating water through the block did the trick.

Anything below about 100° might require some expensive hardware though. This summer, at most races, we've been in 104°+ temperatures, so getting coolant below ambient air temps could be tough to do . . .