View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Messed with it all day and think I got it.I THINK it happened when I lowered/changed the angle the car.If I set the float level at the sight plug it acts up.If I set the level the way I USED TO DO IT,before taking advice from buddies,it runs fine.What I used to do to set the float level is just turn the bowl upside downand set the float a little below level.Everyone told me this was wrong,and that is the only change I have made.Think it will be okay now.Didn't think it was the needle and seat 'cause it never came out the bowl vent or poured out the sight plug hole.

BUT!!!Now I got a new question.By checking the part numbers,I have discovered that the metering plates on my 1050 Dominator are the same plates the are on my 780 cfm 4150 carb.Talked to Holley about it and they said that they were the wrong plates,gave me the part numbers for the correct plates,but couldn't tell me what problems this would cause or why it has(seemingly)run fine thus far.Any opinions on this one??Opine away,please!!