View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

MIlky oil is common for any alcohol/methanol engine that is running extremely too rich. Has nothing to do with the toilet of Ron's.

When you get the thing even within 20 % of a good tune, the oil will start looking like oil again. You will also find a bunch more horsepower.

Rich alcohol/methanol engines can also be entertaining, to say the least. Little things like while trying to start, blow the intake off or the blower off, fill the muffler up with fluid and if it doesn't drain blow the muffler off when the engine is starting. Just the other day in Lake Elisnore California one of the Builders was dyno pulling a blown alcohol hemi and had some issues with broken valve train parts, I.E. The rocker arms and shafts, Got it all fixed and engine started ok. Big problem, He had a really nice dyno rooom setup with a complete separate room for the big mufflers. The explosion blew the whole side of the walls of his muffler room off of his building. It was heard and felt for over 3 milers from where it happened.. Needless to say, I shall not say whose shop it was, but he is very famous.

So my point is lean the sucker down so the oil looks like oil.

Ed