Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I got a couple questions, is this a 4 link car or ladder bar car? I don't think you'll see more than .015 with alcohol vs gas. The biggest advantage is the car runs much cooler and alcohol is 1/4 the price of gas. The other thing you didn't say what compression you're running, you might need to go up to VP-16 if you're running 14 to 1. Excellent move to move the transbrake off the steering wheel. I mount mine on the back of the qtr. stick alum cover, that way there's no way you can accidently hit it while you are in low gear. I know a lady who fractured 2 vertibrae comming out of the burnout box the first time she drove a dragster with the buttom mounted on the butterfly wheel, accidently hitting it. I'm still wondering why it takes so much tire to make the car hook. the smallest tire you can run and still hook will run the fastest. I run a 5500 stall and have the 2 step set at 4800 launch shifting at 6800 and limiting at 7400, but i'm running 5.43 gears and 14X32's. Most of the big block guys i know run 5.29 gears and 14X32's, but turn the motor up to about 7200. I think 1.35 short time would be a good # for you car. i know a guy who runs a 68 Camero about like your's that runs 5.80's but he has more inches.

just my .02

Zip.