Old 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Alcohol vs Gas...MY set up..Help Please !

Hello everyone i am trying to make a $1,000 + decision here...i have a pro-treet 67 camaro 3,000 lbs w/driver. 511ci BBC ..Brodix Aluminum heads ( do not have a clue what they flow) but have been worked pretty decent by a reputable head man..722/722 lunati solid roller 110 lobe seperation. 14 to 1 compression, good callies stealth crank,crower rods,je pistons,team g intake...currenlty has a 1050 bo-law built dominator...
Msd 6al with probillet Distributer ( locked out)..1.80 straight cut glide, custom built 5,000 converter, 32x14 (102 roll out) (14 inch tread pattern on 14 inch wheel) I.JUST CHANGED TO 15 inch wheel with a 17x33 tire (102 roll out same as 14x32) (has a 16.8 tread pattern)..so this is gonna give me almost 3 inches of tread pattern per tire..
i am running a 500 gear......and its turning about 6800rpm thru the lights..

when i took the car for its 1st pass it ever made after 6 passes i ran a 6.07 et at 115 mph with a best 60 ft of 1.39... (1/8 mile)

i was not comfortable with the transbreak button on the steering wheel so i was very erratic when leaving on the brake amoung a few other things..i now have it remounted with a NEW 2 step and a msd rpm dial Selector..adjustable from 3000-5200 rpm..

my launches were really inconsistant ( DRIVER)..getting use to car etc...
i could not tell yiou where i was leaving ..i would lock it down with the transbreak and apply slight pressure to the petal being the motor up but not too much..i might as well been fottbraking the car

i DO NOT have a clue how much HP my 511ci is making..from my experience i would assume between 800/850 on gas...the fuel system i have is a MAGNAFUEL PROSTAR 500..alcohol and gas compatible..#12 line from tank to the pump and a #10 to carb...

i know i gave a lot of info here but i would like a good guesstimate on several things..

#1- what do you think the car will pick up with the transbreak being used properly with popper box.( suggestion on leaving and shifting rpm's appreciated)..also going to a wider wheel/ tire gaining 3 inches of tread pattern per side

#2- what do you think Alcohol would do for me over the 112 supreme i am running...and who should i turn to for this carb help., purchasing and tunning advise.

Thanks in advance for any advise,idea's and opinions

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "