View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

Default DON'T BUY FRAM OIL FILTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

This is kind of a long story......... Anyway about three weeks ago I got my 67 Camaro finally finished. I had the car completely stripped and repainted. So it was my first time out at the drag strip. I pulled the car off the trailer drive it around the pits and pulled into the lanes for my first pass of the season,pulled up made my pass every thing was fine,made a second pass everything seemed fine, The third pass the car seemed OK but it was getting late in the evening so I thought for sure it would pick up it normally does when it cools off. Well it slowed way down by about 3 tenths! I didn't think much of it thought it was something I had done wrong so I loaded it on the trailer and went home. I got up the next day(Sunday) and went back to the track. I unloaded the car and went to the staging lanes and waited to make my first pass of the day. I pulled up did my burnout and BAME!! it just stopped running. Well to make a long story short I took it home and pulled it apart and found I had spun a rod bearing #5. I got to the filter and took the filter off (FRAM FILTER) and to my total surprise the oil passage that the filter screws on to was completely clogged with what looked to be filter material!! I called Fram with my obvious concern and they said they would fax me a compensation form and they wanted me to fill the form out get an estimate of the damages and send this to Fram with the filter. I did. I heard back about a week later in a letter, basically saying that it was my fault not theirs????? Are they kidding. I've been using Fram filters my whole life 35 years and as a matter of fact the same filter on the Camaro all last season . Oh ...and the filter that fell apart was a NEW filter bought within the last 2 months this year. I think it is pretty crappy of them just to blow me off like they did not only did they lose a great customer but they have gained an enemy! My motor is well worth $12-15,000 not to mention the time of RR of the engine and I only wanted these Jackasses to cover my basic costs of $3000.00! But now they have a pissed off a good customer !!!! What are these people thinking! Sorry ......... But I just needed to vent! Stan