Thread: Bds 671
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Fairlane671
SHOW GUEST

Default Bds 671

Just purchased a 1970 Ford Fairlane with a 302 with a bds 671. This is what I know about the engine.
Rebuilt last year. The block was magnafluxed and cleaned with new freeze plugs and cam bearing installed, new crankshaft turned down .10 .10, new comp cams hydraulic lifters, bds hydraulic flat tapper cam, Pete Jackson noisy gear drive, stage 2 bds 18 % under driven, bds harmonic balancer, 2 new Holley 650's,big tube headers with junky turbo mufflers, new 3 core aluminuim radiator with 10x10 trans cooler mounted to the front with a 1700cfm push fan and 6 blade mecanicle fan.

The car run at 175-190 depending on how hard I push it. The car spits radiator fluid from the overflow tank when it is turn it off. The temp rises after the car is turned off and the upper and lower radiator hose have very high pressure. I have check the oil and there is no water in it. I also checked the radiator fluid for exhaust gases and the test came up negative. The thermostat is a highflow 180% and installed correct.The water appears to be flowing well through the radiator when I take the cap off.

Is this normal or should I be worried or is everything ok?