View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Famous last words

If the engine is built to take almost 10K rpm I highly doubt a measley 75 shot of NOS would hurt it
If you have a true NHRA 358 Pro Stock engine that was competitive, I very strongly suggest to forget any nitrous spraying. Those things were on the ragged edge of detonation just as they were. Same with the BB N/A NHRA Pro Stock Engines, or Comp Eliminator Engines etc. If a strong N/A Engine is built by a good engine builder for max effort horsepower, it is already living in the danger zone of detonation. I build a very good N/A max effort engine and if you had one, I will tell you to forget any nitrous.

What you might be able to do though is to increase your head gasket thickness by a lot, advance your cam to open exhaust valves sooner, install bigger, Decrease you exhaust valve lash so it is near the minimum (giving more effective exhaust duration) and try that with juice starting fairly small, keep sharp eye on plugs and get a good tune up and gradually increase what you are spraying as long as you can keep detonation away.

Ed