View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Awesome

Originally Posted by gdmii
Originally Posted by bjuice
amazing !..mine was red with his and hers hurst shifter and yours ?

that pic is priceless !

Brian
Thanks Wesley. Brian, that pic is a little old and faded some. Silver with the black vinyl top and black vinyl interior. I had the "all his" Hurst Competition Plus 4 sp. shifter. My Dad had never driven a 4 sp. car before. The only 4 sp. he had was in his truck where 1st gear was a granny gear. He goes to drive this thing and takes off in 2nd per his normal routine in his truck. He almost killed the motor, gave it more gas and got the clutch out and laid 30 ft. of rubber with my Mom in the right seat. He came back grinning from ear to ear and my Mom wouldn't talk to him the rest of the day because he scared her so much. Ahhh...life was good!!

George
Thanks for the fun story George, sure wish our parents could live a little longer, I will miss mine bigtime when they go, but for now, I try to involve them in my racing fun as much as possible. Great pictures, save them for ever
I think if MY dad crawled somehow into my Elky, if he could reach the loud pedal, and start it up, I think that would be enough for him, I think the torque would be the phone call to 911 if he hit the pedal :shock:
Great story, thanks for it.

Elky