Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 6-71, 383 SBC, 8.5:1, -31cc SRP/JE , 64cc QUENCH QUESTIO

Originally Posted by lwarranty
Folks - need some advice on copper head gaskets. We have a 383 stroker SBC with Eagle SPR/JE -31cc pistons, DCR of 8.5:1 per Eagle specs on 64cc Dart heads, Demon 650 BC's.

Questions arise - we would like to lower our compression ratio to get our boost up, don't wanna give up the heads... We have found some information in regards to multiple type head gaskets which allow for deck height compensation.

It has been 26 plus years since my last blown project and the Internet resources were in their infancy. I am now overwhelmed with information overload - need to lower mental c/r. Anybody just doin' this - that could share experiences with 6-71 street/strip confi, c/r and/or cams?

QUESTIONS:

1. PUMP GAS (91 or better): 6-71 2 standard lobe rotors - not teflon sealed, helix, etc. Assuming we were using top of the line (chinese) Eagle forced induction components (as we are), would shooting for 7.0 or 7.5 c/r be the best bet or due to new design technologies, can we push the limits of the c/r boundry without having "chicklets" for rings and "blower rattle"?

2. QUENCH AREA: Can we lower compression using thicker head gakets with a "catch 22", increasing detonation issues by increasing quench area?

:evil: YEP - JUST DUMP THE HEADS IS RINGING BURNING A HOLE IN MY WALLET - why can't someone make an engine like an "Erector Set".

Thanks in advance - [email protected]
Read this thread, most of what you asked has been adressed.

Zip.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3908