Thread: vacuum pump ?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks I can actually go further into this subject of problems I've seen with certain brands of vacuum pumps.

The Star has a year warranty if you buy everything including catch can. These pumps are so good they dont even offer a rebuild kit for them.

The Moroso seems to be a very good all around pump that needs rebuilt every 2-3 years, I've had both 3 vane and 4 vane and both work good, they are best ran without the v-belt though.

The aerospace have a problem pulling enough vacuum, I seen this first hand on a terminator setup on a reher morrsion 565, it blew oil out every pass, they work well with a carb setup though gas or alky. These usally need rebuilt yearly.

The GZ is the one I've not seen used much, I almost pulled the trigger on one untill I seen one at a Drag Expo I was at, very heavy and a big unit, but for average racer just wanting to upgrade to a cheaper setup that works I think the GZ kit is a good idea over the breathers.

I've never seen anyone loose et going to a vacuum pump, some dont pick up but even seen one pick up a full tenth.