View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: latter bar car????

Originally Posted by kw89425
my car sits lower on the passenger side 2". i put it on stands all 4 corners took off the shocks and still have the same difference. my tape says the frame is within an 1/8 all the way around. took it apart all the ends are free. what next???????
Honestly here, my friend, you're asking alot to try get a chassis diagnosed over the internet. Did you build the car? Or did you purchase it from someone else? What you have sounds a little scarey, the frame tiself may be straight, what about the shock location, did the previous owner(s), do something unusual. Is it a leaf sprung or coil sprung car? Is the ladder bar location correct, there has to be a reason you have a bias?

Not trying to be a smart a-- here, you need to find someone in your area that has built a car or two and have them look at it. I know I've been away from this for a long time but a truism still exists, "oftentimes people sell cars for reasons other than just needing money". A friend of mine bought a "bent" Super Stock Chevy II in the mid-80's and proceeded to put a BBC in it, trust me, he only created more problems for himself. He didn't discover this until after the fact and only enhanced the problem with the higher HP motor.

Good luck and I hope you can find a fix.