View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:34 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
It also says changes fluid. It's pretty common to use a filter buggy on heavy equipment hyd system. Of course in some cases your talking about over 80 gallons of fluid so it is cheaper to use the filter buggy, change the filters a few times before you completly replace the fluid.

I don't agree that if it needs to be flushed it needs to be replaced. If their is something wrong and you think you can flush it to fix it then it's too late, but to just have it serviced is another thing.
I just had my allison trans fluid and filter change at the GMC place. $225 :shock: My trans does not have an internal serviceable filter. It's an external spin on.
Hey Rabbit, just so you know, all the Allison's I've seen in pickups do have an internal filter as well as a spin-on......

Johnny
That's what I thought, but one of the guys at the GMC place told me it didn't have a "serviceable filter" inside the trans, just a spin on. They also quoted me ($180 or $190. less than $200 I remember him saying) to completly service the trans. When I paid it was $272.51. There was a part # PK3106 ( description 310 106 is all the bill says) for $82.49 which I thought may be a filter. Either way I was kinda pissed because he told me less than $200 for everything a few days before.

The reason I took it to be flushed was so all the fluid, ie; cooler, convertor and pan could be changed, but almost $300 is redickulus (sp on purpose).