Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by burnskustomz
Originally Posted by zipper06
Seth you're missing the point, bracket racing is not about how fast you can go. If i remember correctly a couple weeks ago your logo said i don't know how too build them but i can drive the hell out of them. Bracket racing is how good does your hand,eye, and foot work together. Your truck can 10's and you can win money if you can drive consistently and the truck will run close to the same #'s, that's what it's all about and that's why i said you need some seat time before you can be a real racer.

Mopar, there's four tracks in No. Miss. that they call 1/8 mi. tracks but in fact are shorter. Them being Pick Wick, Fulton, Blue Mountain, and Byhalia about 600 ft.. There may be more but i don't know them, Jackson Miss.(Byram) is only 500 ft. and used to be a NHRA certified track. the reason they don't run a full 1/8 mi. is because there are some scary fast cars in the area and stopping is a problem, even with hanging out the laundry. Case in point a few weeks ago a promod car at Holly Springs full 1/8 went 3.91 @ 187 and dropping the laundry before he hit the first mph lite. Another guy in Tupelo Ms. holds the nat'l record at 3.63 @ 217 for the 1/8 mi.

Zip.

Blue Mountain Dragway 600ft track some pretty fast cars for around here W/O actually being tubbed out.
275 Drag Radial Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5IMloKMY8

Well Chit !!!...Guess we a little faster around here then what I thought....these 4.40's-4.70's our Local 10.5 cars been running would be 4 20's-4.40's on those 500 and 600 ft tracks....lol

I did the math One day and from the 330 ft mark forward..we traveling close to 194ft per second....On a true 660ft track 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "