View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

I know! Call Mythbusters to come and set it up for remote control useage. Then they can try it at full throttle for you on the first pass, :lol: . J/K If it can driven on the street any, drive it around the block, or as far as you can legally, if it's not to far at first. Bring it back and check everything as everyone has said for loose bolts, broken welds, binding, scraping and so forth. If everything is good you might try a decent burnout and launch, check again. My first time with a tubbed car, even though I knew it was well tested, scared the crap out of me. Theres a lot of new noises, such as the small amount of slack in the heim ends, centering bar and so forth. You could make a turn in it and hear the backend move to the new position. Even though nothing was that loud, I could hear all the new noises and it unnerved me. Now then I still hear a few noises from my current ride, but know it's normal and can concentrate on motor noises. I can't hear my wife ask for me to get her a pop, but can hear a rocker arm thats out of clearance by a few thousanths at 3000 RPM, LOL Good Luck and have fun with it.