Thread: 383 or 406 sbc
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Many of us have had or ridden in something that had a motor that was exceptional... a freakish motor that should have not been capable of what we witnessed. Weather it was exceptionally balanced, or whatever, it ran better than anticipated. Mine was a 2-bolt w/ cast crank SBC truck block from a 75 chevy p/u. unknown cam, unknown internals, Holley spread-bore carb, headers & Weiand intake. Nothing special, probably half worn out before I had it. I could tell you how it propelled that 69 Chevelle @ 3800LBS & 4 speed, but you would have had to be there to witness it to believe me... it was FREAKISH. Defied logic. No time slip/no dyno chart. Ran like a RAPED APE!!!

Wazup didn't claim 10K rpm's, he hit 8300 through the traps in his freakishly bullet proof motor from the 70's... I misunderstood the shift point.

All I am saying is that a guy could build a ratty SBC/stoker street/strip motor on a budget & he might fool many with his times when they find out what it is really made of. I could build a dirt cheap SBC & preserve my #'s matching SBC too.