View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
jsup
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by jsup
Originally Posted by zipper06
Has anyone seen or looked at the BMP alum. blk that Naylor in SC is selling for around $3400.00.
I've owned and run KB and Donavan, both with water and solid.

Price is good but i don't know if the blk is.

Just curious

Zip
fwiw, we just reduced our prices on blocks so people can sell them inexpensively.

Our aluminum blocks are cast in the same foundry as Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bently, and Penske racing. I'd be hard pressed to say that those companies would use junk.

THey are machined in North America by a leading block house. The fit and finish is far and above what you're accustomed to seeing and require less machining than the competitors. Anyone that has seen our product side by side with any other competitor says it looks light years ahead.

We have better oiling capabilities than anyone on the market. We keep the oil off the cam, and down on the mains. We have better cooling that our competitors.

I don't know where you're located, but you're invited any time to swing by if you want to take a look at one.

Those who have seen ours side by side, will tell you our fit, finish, and design is superior. Those who haven't will have opinions, but no facts.
Thanks for responding, i'm in the deep south and nearest dealer is in Atlana Ga. 500 mi away. I'm looking at building a 582" on alcohol, stacks injected with a 3" Kinsler, which i already have. As i said i've have already ran KB,Donavan, and i forgot to mention Rodec, mostly blown alcohol, which performed well, no failures. I did go to your website and checked out your parts. What i didn't see was any pricing on the heads, that flow over 400 CFM, i saw the head kit but no pricing on the CNC'ed 355 heads. There are lot's of heads that flow more than 400 CFM on the market, but require shaft rockers @ about $1600.00. Does your heads require shaft rockers or conventional rockers?
Hey Zip,

No. We don't require shaft rockers, but you can use them. As to flow numbers, we're not big believers in flow numbers. We post them because people expect to see them. We just did a test last week where a set of heads posted much higher flow numbers than our heads, and we made considerably more power. That's not to say we will make more power than other brands, if I said that I'd be lying, but it does demonstrate that flow numbers are not the end game. Any manufacturer that tells you their heads will make more power than someone elses, assuming they are one of the better companies, is lying. I'm sure you know that, just wanted to put it out there.

As to flow numbers, many companies like to enhance their flow numbers by doing things such as back cutting valves, using over sized plates, and reporting the highest ports. If the question is can our heads support over 1000 HP, yes, they can. That is the standard we got by.

There is pricing on the heads, if you go to the bottom of the page, there are drop downs that you can configure them any way you want.

As i said i saw the ad at Naylor engines in SC. He's advertising 1000 plus HP, complete engine for $10,500.00, that's pretty reasonable and hard to beat at that price, don't know if he has a happy dyno or the #'s are real. It doesn't say what BLK or heads but it's obviously an iron BLK. The reason i ask is that my car is a lead sled at 3250 lbs. with SM/BLK and would perfer to use an alum blk. if i go B/BLK. also can the blks and heads be bought factory direct?
I've seen a lot of happy dynos. But who knows. Dynos are like flow numbers, a good guide but by no means to be taken in stone. I will admit, that $10,000 for a complete engine isn't a bad deal, find out what the internals are to ensure they will hold up. It all comes down to the grade of parts.

Call me on how to purchase the heads/block. We only sell at jobber pricing on the website, so you can get a better deal through one of our resellers. I don't want to cut the knees off our retailers by discounting direct, so I will send you there when I can. If you want to send me an email or call I'll set you up with a good retailer.

I should add that's i've been a machinest for over 50 yrs. the last 35 as a CNC programmer/machinest. I have access about $5 mil. CNC equipment available to me from the Plastics injection mold shop that i recently retired from, including 2 5 axis milling machines, so i'm no stranger to how to check something out, even at in my home shop i can check most evety thing on a blk. I do build a few engines for friends each yr.

Below are the ads i'm referring too.

Zip.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...D-ALL-NEW.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Blocks/252...UM-BLOCKS.html
Thanks for the info. I hope I addressed everything for you. Don't hesitate to call any time from 8AM to 10 PM Est.