View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I would weld a sump kit into the tank. Put two bungs in it for -8 or -10 fitings.You can then run the stainless aeroquip hose or get the cloth looking braided stuff...it is good stuff and cheaper than the stainless. If you only use one of the fitings just plug the other..and if ever you want to run a dedicated fuel pump for the NOS the fiting is there. It is easy to do. Put it in the lowest/ most rearward spot on the tank.Don't just cut a big hole for the sump, use a big hole saw and cut a bunch of holes where the sump will go..this will act like a sloch baffle sorta...Wash the tank out extra well with hot soapy water before you weld it...for obvious reasons you want to be sure the fumes are all gone. I suppose you could put a hose in the tank and fill it with Argon while you weld..that should help prevent any problems if you are afraid to weld on it. I did one in my street car years ago and had no problems welding it..but I washed it out about a million times first. I made my own sump but you can buy them as a kit.