Thread: days of yore
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

I live in central Wi, a smaller town by most standards. Little by little it is going downhill but i will not give up on the idea that the days of not locking doors and being able to walk streets safely is over. Would love to see the old times where you had no internet and 250 channels on tv. I remember actually having to wait untill Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Not 10 channels with it 24/7. I still clear snow for the retired people i live next to. When out to dinner with my wife I give up my seat at the bar when we are having a drink before dinner to any elderly or person that actually needs it. I can stand. I had a neighor boy years back that was 15-1/2 he was ready to get his drivers liscence but did not have cash for a beater.His brother had a older Buick Century ( if i recall right)
for $300 he wanted me to hire him to cut my lawn to earn cash for the car.I paid for the car up front so he would not have to wait. He cut my lawn all summer never missed once. To this day if we see him when we are out for the evening he thanks us for being trustfull in him to carry his end of that deal. And a few times has paid our bill for dinner without our knowledge.To this day i try to do what i can to be a good person. I am not trying to look like great guy just try to do my part in a crumbling society.A little step by a whole lot of people translates into a giant leap. I know i cannot change it by i am trying not to give up.There are many great people out there they are mixed in with to many idiots.