View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by firepro65
Just took the car for a drive. It fired right up. It is overdriven 12.5% and it ran great for the 2 miles I drove it. I did nothing to it except install it in car complete. When I got back the plug wires seemed extremely hot I have the headers wrapped and have plug sleeves on and they were still smoking hot. Temp gun with engine running read 1500 degrees. I dont know if this is normal or not. Anyways It seems to run real good. Thanks Scott and Dynoflo for fixing this isuue. He seems to be a stand up guy, regardless of what this thread says. I appriciate the effort and time. Regardless of what you think.

its lean or timing is off would be my guess. I hope you rechecked the timing once in the car 90% of the time it will be different then dyno
No I did not check it. Last time I checked it and called him to change it from 38 degrees to like 32 or 34 he said dont touch it. So it seems I am damned if i do and damned if i dont. So I will try to discuss it with the builder, but he says he has went over this with me for atotal of 6 hours according to his post. I just need to take it somewhere and have it tune and I am trying to learn but was insulted for admitting I dont know alot. This is why i paid a professional to build it. But I know enough to know exhaust is never suppose to be 1500 degrees with a heat gun coming off the headers that are wrapped at a idle. But I can't say anything or some people on here think I am ungreatful . I am sure you did not know everything when you got started. But from the post you leave , you seem to know alot. So thanks for your responce. I agree it is off butis it timing or jets. I will leave it to the pros. Just like I did last time. Changed nothing from original build and tune until the motor blew my radiator apart. But he did step up my rebuild it he says. i guess the bearings were bad. This doesnt explain the water in the motor. Thanks for listening.