View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default that helps

[quote="melson3086"]
well the 406 was in
my mustang and was goin 10.10 at 141 then I built my new full chaasis vw which weights 300 lbs less it went a 9.80 at 128 on a soft pass then I sPun a rod bearing and now my new motor is going to b the 427 but I don't have it yet the short block is suppost to b shipped out Monday the vw was doing 1.30 60's the mustang was doing 1.41 60's both running 28" mt's with 3.89 gears 400 th 4500 converter
If this mustang weight was at about 3500# and went 141 MPH it will take about 870 HP to do that, 750 HP if it weighs 3000#. You could do it with a little less and you could have had more than that on tap possibly. The lighter chassis info is not of any use for this answer having no good run on it. The couple more cubic inches might not help as much as you might expect if you can not trap as much air and fuel at TDC to make power with. More compression on a blown set up takes up space that fuel and air could reside to make more power with. The MPH will tell the story when you test the new engine set up, MPH is horsepower period. If you pick up 10 MPH is will be because the combination is happier together, not so much the added cubic inches.
Sounds like it may be fun to drive too. I hope this helps you out with your question.
Bruce