View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Hey Slow Motion, hows the dune buggy doing!! :lol: LOL What a dip schitte!!
Doing just fine. When my paddle tires come in I'll race ya!

WOW, What a weekend. ADRL Promods were here. Friday I worked from 7am till 11:30pm. Saturday was 7am till 1:00 am the next morning. It was an awesome event.

On my crew, one guy begged to leave early on Sat because his buddies were having a big drunken party at the lake. They let him leave about 4pm. He never watched a single pass down the track.

We use Kawasaki Mules to get around property. I have a spot behind the drag tower that if you stand in the back of the Mule you can see over everybody and directly down the track. I had another guy with me at one point and asked him if he wanted to watch a few passes from back there. His reply was something like "Hell no, Get me back to the maint. building."

When the rest of the guys weren't busy, They usually hide in the maint. building with the doors closed so the don't have to listen to the cars.

I got to stand out on the pro return road (in front of the grandstands) at about 1000' and watch the last few rounds. It was VERY cool.

The crowd was the biggest we've ever had at a drag race. They had to close the event at about 6 or 7pm friday night. The gates were overwhelmed with people. Sat they closed the gate for a few hours in the aftetnoon. After some the crowd left, they reopened in the evening.