View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 PM
southerland
SHOW GUEST

Default dominater

Combination, do you mean carb? I dont really know.I need to tear it down. I would think that it all is factory. but he was raising jet sizes, it might have larger pump size and power valves might have been changed. It seems he was trying to get this 750 to perform on the 505ci motor instead of just getting a larger carb. Holley says this motor needs an 1150 to perform well at the track or a 950 on street. I feel like the 750 Dominater would be a good carb on street and strip if I can just get it tuned correctly. If your talking about motor, the 505 has a HRC crank and h-Beam rods, SRP forged flat tops with 2 valve relief. Dart pro1 heads 325cc intake port and 121 chamber volume 2.30/1.88 valves, Dart intake ported to heads. Solid roller cam around 260/270 @ .50 and 740 gross lift. All MSD ignition, 6al box, autolite race plugs(and they seem to be holding up godbless em) I need to get a crank case evac running it is a brand new engine but it seems to be pushing a little oil by, that might be some of my problems, maybe??????? as far as timing Ive got the distributer set to be at full timing at around 2500 and im running 34 total timing. And thats it in a nutshell.