View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
stinger124
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default My First Win and first Walley !!

Sorry for the long read !!

Saturday at the races we started time trials at 4 PM and the final race of the night was actually sunday morning at 5AM !! There was a huge turn out and the races seemed to go on and on.

This night of racing was for the King of the Track !!

My buddy Gary and I both signed up for No/E and No/E Quick. There were about 25 to 30 cars in each class.
My car was running great.. Once I got done with my last time trial I was running a 5.94 and 115 MPH.. And... I finally got my recation times where I needed them. I was cutting .508 to .530 lights all night long.. The worse one which was in time trials was a .601. So I think I am on to something with the lights.

I went 5 rounds in the No/E class and finally got beat by a hair.. It was way close and I actually let off right at the end or I think I would have beat him. I ran a 5.95 on a 5.94 dial in.. My reaction time was a .521 He ran a 5.92 on a 5.90 dial in.. His reaction time was something like a .514.. Super close race. So I got eliminated..

But

I was still going in the No/E Quick Class. I got a by run because I had the fastest reaction time so the next round I drew my Buddy Gary.. This time... I finally beat him and put him on the trailer in this class. I was pumped !!

So the next round came up and I was running for the championship against another camaro that had a 6.00 dial in. We staged and I cut another great light.. a .518 light and ran right on my dial in. The other guy had a .580 light and I made him breakout by 5 he ran a 5.95 on a 6.00 dial in and I still beat him to the line so I won the No?E Quick class and 400.00 and a Walley !

My buddy Gary went on to win the No/E calss and then he and I had to race again to see who was going to be running against the Super Pro and Super Pro Quick winner for the King of the track.

Gary and I did our burn outs and then he staged really fast and had both lights turned on before I got my first one on.. And I was not messin around.. I got my first light on and then started brining up my RPM"s and started inching forward.. Next thing I knew... I had a Redlight and then Garys lights started coming down and he took off. I was like hey !! You gonna bring him back so we can run.. I think his light messed up or something. (( Thats what I was thinking )).. So after waiting for someone to come up and tell me that we were gonna bring him back so we could run... No one did.. I went ahead and ran down the track and came back and asked what the deal was ?? I was then told that you only have like 7 seconds once the other person is staged to get staged yourself.. I did not know this.. (( But I do now )) So.. I got schooled and did not get to run for the King of the Track. Gary did..and he ran against the Super Pro guy in a dragster and Gary beat him and won King of the Track !! Pretty awesome job for him.. But he has won it three times so far..
I was later approached by several others and told that they had been racing for 20+ years and had not won a wally yet. And that this trophy was pretty special and very hard to win.
I felt really proud to know that only after 3 months of racing that I had already done this. I cannot wait for next year to come around and see if I can repeat the lights that I was cutting on this last race. The car ran great all night long. It ran 5.95's all night long unless I let off the gas. Very consistant car..

Just wanted to share my story and my picture... May not be that big of a deal to some but to me it was pretty special. this was two weeks in a row that I have won money.. Looking forward to next year for sure !!