View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I had spent years as a kid from 10 years old and up working in my grandpas shop, swapped my first 4 cylinder for a customer when I was 16. 99% of my experience was GM based. When I was 18 I purchased a 1965 Dodge Coronet with an 318A motor in it. She had oodles of miles on her and I wanted to do my first engine swap on a Chrysler. I scored a wrecked mid 70's Aspen with a 318B motor and proceeded to swap them out. New carb, distributor, wires all the goodies and I was damn proud. Till it came time to start it, all it would do was pop out the intake and the exhaust. I checked the carb, fuel system, firing order, everything! After 2 more nights of frustration my good ole grandpa finally came over to take a look. asked me all I had done, double checked my work and then started laughing out loud. I was really confused, he asks me "what about the firing order' I was like gpa its right there on the intake, I timed up to #1 cylinder 2 or 3 times so I know its right!! He cracked open a beer, sat back and then let me know that the cylinder order on a Chrysler is not the same as a GM product. Unlike GM on this Chrysler the order was 1-4 on the left side and 5-8 on the other! I had no idea, so swapped the wires and she fired right up. never did like Chryslers that much anyways!!!