View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by looey
I sold him 2 pro-systems alky dominators last December right around X-mas. We spoke many times on the phone and emailed through racing junk (although they got deleted...thanks racingjunk). He seemed like an honest person. The agreed price was $1050, which was to be US Postal money order, and I would have the full payment before I sent the carbs. I get it in the mail and its only $675. Larry calls me and asks if I could send the carbs anyway because he has been ripped off before...so like an idiot, I buy his sob story and send the carbs, never to collect the rest of my money. I did get him on the phone a couple of times (after I called the sheriff down there), and he promised to send me the cash. I just want the rest of the money. I've given him enough time. This is the last chance if he happens to read this. I have a friend in VA ready to go pull the carbs off of his engine, or get me my money.
is your friend ready to be hit in the head with a crow bar? That's likely what could happen if he tries to unbolt the c arbs himself...also may end up in jail. I think you may be SOL ..no proof that the agreed upon price wasn't $675. He can claim it was and by cashing the money order and mailing them you screwed yourself. sad but true in my opinion. Hopefully he will do the right thing,if not I think you're screwed. jmo good luck