View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 AM
TBucket1923
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
I live in the reservoir area and the only one I remember that has a brass radiator is now painted yellow. It has tan/brownish interior in it. I don't know where it is parked, but I occasionally see it around some of the convenience stores. There is a benefit car show in two weeks at one of the local schools. I will see if I can spot it...
That could very well be the Dad's car. That sounds like the interior color and it did have a brass rad. Please check if you see it again and get the persons contact info if possible. I would like to follow up on that. Thanks very much for letting me know about this.

Here are some distinguishing characteristics that would identify that this is the car i'm looking for:
1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column (VW bus) comes up thru the floor and is almost straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with 4 brass spokes and wood ring.
4. The interior was a darker tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. Paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter (See pic)
9. Did have some pin striping on the body sides in the door area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of windshield.
10. Originally had a LT1 350 with an offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1931 Chevy.