View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:57 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by SPEEDNEEDS1
launch is at 4800 and goes to around 6400-6500 as soon as the trans brake releases. It hits the tire really hard. I accidently left the three step switch on one pass and left wide open and it slowed down...... I no longer use the three step switch, just try to keep it under 7000 in burnout.
Have you tried to launch lower ? Sure seems like you have a lot of wheel speed.
Dunno. If he has tire shake, it's usually because one doesn't have enough "Wheelspeed" to maintain the wrinkle and tire shape. If you can "Drive through it" that usually means that it's very minor and you're just "on the Edge" of tire distortion.

But . . I don't know of anyone who runs Hoosiers that have "Tire Shake" to any degree, unless they have too heavy a car for the sidewall design. On the other hand Goodyears will shake if they have too low an air pressure for the wheel speed being applied . . Sometimes, with Goodyears, an eighth of a pound will make a difference. not so much with Hoosiers . .

Basically, shake still goes back to the sidewall wrinkle and the fine line between grip and wheelspeed . . My opinion, anyway . .

I think I'd try launching at 5000, just for more data, and to see if the shake will go away . . Watch those RPMs in the water. The water box has killed more BBCs than all the races they've been in put together . . We keep our burnouts to 6500. If you can't clean and warm a tire with that, 7 grand won't do it either!