Thread: Then and Now
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
cobrajet428
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by GBoven72
The car: 72 cuda. It was bought by my Dad in 72 or 73. I got the car when I was 12, almost 27 years ago. It was a 340 4 speed. It ran mid 14s ( not bad for the day) I started driving it at 15. I drove the car for a few years switching to a 383 , 727 and nos. 21 or 22 tickets in one year later it was time to race the car or put it back to a mellow driver. At 17 or 18 years old I cut the car up to make it in to a race car. < dumb a$$. I thought it would be no big deal. Little did I know, you need money to do a deal like that, lol. I drug the shell around for 10+ years before I could aford to work on it. Everyone said sell it, crush it, you will never finish it. In 97 it won Best under constuction. And in 99 I ran the car for the first time. My first real race in the car I went to the 5th round of the Halloween Classic and won the Nightfire the year after. Since then I have won many races and I've had so many great times in that car. I just won a Div race and got my Wally after years of wanting one so bad. Thats my: That was then this is now story.
Great story, now where are the pics?? :lol: I'll post mine tonight when I get home. I'm at work right now! :shock: