View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by ashbros
Looks Like your just about ready to get serious. LOL

Nothing better than a blower motor..

Save your money and buy a nice set of titanium retainers for your heads.

The Brodix BB2 heads are a great head, These are a CNC head from the factory, so extensive porting isnt neceaasry nor is polishing but,
In most cases, I just tear down the heads lightly sand down all rough areas in the runners and chambers to a smooth finish, polish the heck out of the runners and chambers, Clean the heads of all debris and reassemble with titanium retainers and check the spring pressures open and closed.

Whats your engine cubic inch displacement? Your cam seems to have enough lift, but curious as to what your lobe seperation and duration is?

Is compression ratio calculated including blower boost or are you starting out at 11.8:1?

If you run too high of compression 16+ or 17:1 on boost you may see better results running high octane race fuel. The highest you can find... Don't get me wrong your motor will run just fine on alcohol, but there are differing levels of fuel for differing levels of compression to maximize optium performance.

If I am not mistaken these heads flow factory around 340 to 350 but I don't know if they are designed to be ran over 7500 RPM.

Seems there should be some standard recommendations that come in the box when you purchased the heads.

Not to be redundent, save your money...

Have fun doing what your doing.....
11.8 is static comp. before boost.below is cam card specs that came with cam.