View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:13 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default buying cars out of town Right or Wrong

I 've been looking to buy a Muscle car for awhile. I found a nice Chevelle on Ebay. It had a buy it now so I got the guys number to call him to discuss buying it now. Here's what I always do. I told him if the car in the pictures he has is like it is in person and the motor runs as he said it does I will be at his house to pick up the car with cash this Sunday morning. It's about a 5 1/2 to 6 hour ride one way for me.

He said he would like a wire transfer for the total amount before I can buy it now. Now my thinking is why would I want to pay him for a car I have never seen in person or heard run before. If I get up there and don't want the car as in not being what he says it is then he's got my money and I almost have to leave with the car. I say if the car is what he says it is then he should have no problem and would expect to get my money when I get there if he's being honest about his car.

Just wanting to know if you guys think the way I'm thinking is fair. Because if people want the money up front with out me looking at the car, I'm not going to be able to buy a car out of town. I do understand that the guy doesn't know me from Adam but if his car is what he says it is it will sell for cash on the spot. Looking for your opinions and don't feel bad to tell me I'm wrong here. I think if you give a dowm payment before you get there to pick up the car you will pay hell getting it back. I don't want to spend a night in jail if you know what I mean.
Thanks