View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

On the Pro-Life/Choice deal, it isn't really a Right/Left, Republican/Democrat question. That, particularily, is an "Individual" issue and it has no business in politics.

The only debate I see in that issue is whether the government should pay for abortion or not . . I say a woman may make her own choice about her pregnancy, but don't ask you or me to pay for it.

And that goes for several other social issues.

The problem isn't necessarily whether they're "Moral" or not, it's the government asking me to pay for someone else's choices and the consequences those choices bring.

Those are the "Rabbits" or as I call them, "Squirrels" that the Liberals throw out at the Republicans and cloud the real issues that we really should pay attention to, and that are bringing this country to it's knees . .

Problem is, the MSM and their Liberal questioners who must make issues of every little thing . . and the Politicians seem to want everyone to know they have an answer for everything. Ask a politician about DOMA (The Defense Of Marriage Act) and they'll normally go off on a rant either for or against the Preverts . .

My answer? "It's in the courts. Whatever they decide we'll either have to live with or legislate around. My Stance? At this time, I don't have one. I would be commenting on something that hasn't been established"

How many of them have you heard say anything like that? As far as I know, not a single one from either side of the aisle. Why? Because they always have a target group of voters they want to impress, and apparently forget that they might be pissing off a majority of their supporters or voters . . It's called "Hoof in Mouth" and the Republicans have an epidemic of it going around . .