Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

I believe speedway sells the mustang II rack mounts you weld on your stock cross member. As far as bumpsteer it is very simple esecially being in a drag car due to the fact you dont have alot of travel and your not taking high speed turns on a rough track. I have setup lots of cars with mustang racks from street strip cars to late model stock cars and never had a problem actually it was easy as hell.

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by chpseat987
So Iam not getting much response on the steering box, I really need some help and ideas here please. I have been told that thier is a mustand rack out there that will dang near bolt right up to my cross member. Has anyone donr this before and have any good do's and donts for me?

Thank you for your response on the cage. I have a very nice bender and plan to build it myself. I was again looking for just someone that has done it before and hopefully get some good tips and ideas.
I seriously thought about this for mine. I decided not to at the time. If you don't get it right the bump steer issue can be a real problem so I'm told,.The only way I would do it is if you buy the flaming river bolt on rack and pinion kit. The reason being the bump steer issue. If you trust your skills to get it right then fabricating your own stuff would be cheaper.

The stock box on a NOVA is a real PITA with a BBC. I have to take my steering box completely off to get the header on and off.

I am going to get my car out this weekend if I have time I will take some pics of the cage work and back half for you if interested.