View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with BJ, on this subject, i also agree with Mark and Carl.
It seems as the pros get more successful they forget from where they came from. They are very well aware of their fans because thay have to be for the sponsers. But if you want to go up and talk tech with them they will not give you the time of day. As for BJ's question about the Weld rims, that pit person doesn't have a clue on what's going on, he has one job and nothing else, just like the head person or the blower person. I'd venture tha JF doesn't have a clue either about parts or shortage of parts.
He has a business manager who is responsible for keeping the invatory up so they don't run out of parts.
i can remember when Kenny B. was in phx. running a match race in the mid 80's and Shirl and her girlfriend was selling shirts and posters out of his box truck tow vehicle. (i have a pic. some where of me and Shirl and her girlfriend) if i remember right i even went to the concession stand and brought back lunch for us including Kenny who at the time was driver crew chief and mechanic. I was a little guy then (and i still am) but in those days a lot of the hot dogs of today were also.
I've got movies of Larry Morgan when he lived in Phx and both of us running a bracket race at Phx. raceway park, i didn't run him and i don't remember who went out first, but i'm betting he did because i could saw the tree down in those days in those days we were on a first name basis, but i'll bet today he would not even recoganise me or even bother to talk to me.
I was also good friend with Larry Nance NBA, and we ran together all the time when he played for the Suns. I did see him at Memphis along with Tom Harmon and we sat down and had a couple beers and recalled old times.
Again Mark and Carl, there are no greater friends than the sportman racers that we see every weekend at the track, but the hotdogs suck, because when they reach a certain level we are all beneath them, for the most part.

I love sportman racing and i'm way too old to ever get above that cattagory, and i'm so glad, because i donot know how to be an A$$hole.

Zip.

PS, one day i'll learn how to seperate this DVD i have and post some of the footage that i have mentioned.
About a yr. ago my harddrive crashed after i made the DVD and i lost all of the individual segments and now have no way to seperate them from the DVD.