View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

First off, you know that isn't what Mopar said!! I also can't figure out how you could have even ASSUMED he was saying that.

Below is a post that I started a few days ago addressing the belly aching of folks buying stuff sight unseen:

I just have to ask: When are folks going to QUIT buying stuff unseen? I have several cars for sale, upon request I can send pictures of ANY part of my cars within a very short period of time. Digital cameras are cheap enough now that everyone can own one. I can even take pictures (very clear and precise) of the INSIDES of the quarter panels! There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to take and send pictures. My advice is as follows: If a seller cannot send requested pictures, move on. See the picture below? That is the INSIDE left qtr. of my '69 Camaro.

I also need to know: Do ANY buyers check a mans references? If not, you should. References SHOULD NOT be "my buddy down the road", they ARE legit businesses in the phone book, RJ, etc. Sorry to carry on so much, it just kills me how folks let themselves get screwed, then holler about how it was the "other guys" fault. I have never been FORCED to complete a trade I didn't want to, whether it was good, bad or indifferent.

Quit crying about being screwed if you are either too busy, too lazy or just don't want to "ride all that way" to inspect the car. How about an appraiser? Two hundred dollars could save you thousands. Too many ways to protect yourself, if only you will.
Protect your money as you would your family, after all it is their money too!

If anyone is wondering if I have ever been a victim, the answer is, of course I have!! I have a "show car" that I acquired sight unseen, still putting my money into it to make it right! I got that car right here on RJ from a less than honest man from the great state of Kentucky!! The only bashing I could do is claim he is dishonest in his dealings, I could have chose to nix the deal, I didn't though, so I have no valid reason for taking him to task. He is a loser and will get his in the end, if not before.

Now having said that, should you find yourself with too much cash, I will gladly send you pictures of my money pits!

Vote McCain-Palin I don't give a damn if we are always broke, as long as we are FREE AND PROTECTED.
[email protected]