View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: what size of fuel line to use

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
hi;i've got underside of car completed except running cable[batt]and fuel ine..i'm building a 540 bbc that has a 8-71 blower with bird catcher and running on alky;will see some racing/street cruises/car shows.need to run a rear fuel cell for cruises.
my plains are this..
rear mounted fuel cell[aluminum]
rear electric pump[to push fuel up to front of car]
small front fuel cell or surge tank?[aluminum]
80 mech pump[cam drive]

help;;
what type/size fuel line?[from rear car to front tank]
what rear electric pump?
fuel cell or surge tank?[up front]
size fuel line from front tank to mech pump?

i'm i missing anything here?

-#10 from rear tank to front
-rear pump i would go with magnafuel ( personal choice)
-i would go with surge tank ( personal choice) reason for this is the built in float bowl on side of tank that would be a little more forgiving on keeping the fuel level regualted in the tank
- #12 line from surge tank to fuel pump

hotrod i would also recommend a fuel loop back system..very simple design that eliminates the need for all the return lines to the tank up front and also keeps your pump supplied with fuel which is a big plus when re-starting..keeps pump primed and ready..

these loop back systems are sold thru good vibrations..fairly cheap...$100 bucks by the time you buy the pump fitting and shipping...when you call ask for Jessie

http://www.goodvibesracing.com/inlet_loop_lines.htm

of course there is more then one way to do this...this is just the route i would go and have done in the past on a few blown and injected cars i have had.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "