View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
toofazt4u
APPRENTICE

Default RE:Engine build scam???

One year ago I dropped a complete running 572 BBC off to a gentleman who has had a fairly large posting on here for his knowledge on building engines,and he had countless ties with companies in the ''speedworld...''The shop he does his work at is 5 hrs.away from My location in Michigan.
3weeks after I sent My engine to this man,I then forwarded a check for partial payment of 11,000.00 with the balance of 3/4 thousand dollars due upon completion...(This was done by money order).This was in full agreement that My ''new motor would be done in 2 to 3 months...
In april after trying and succeeding to contact the man,I was now hit with a new balance of 3,000.00...Reluctantly,he talked Me into another money order...I sent him more money...
Since then,I have had nothing but grief trying to get him to phone Me,and when he does,it is just more excuses.I have countless trails of saved e-mails,along with the proof of his cashing the money orders.
I contacted My attorney who wants Me to go there and wait it out to see if I can catch him at his shop.If not,hit the courthouse and let them be full aware of what is going on.I also contacted the police,who said that it was out ou their league,and a civil matter which is for the attorney(I am now lost).
My friends say that I should just load them up and we could go down and make amends...I know two wrongs don't make a right...I guess I am asking for You guy's to give Me some guidance...Thank's!!!