Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
edspring1
APPRENTICE

Default PRICE ? yes or no ?

Personaly I have learned to NEVER call or make contact about anything without an advertised price. Without a set advertised price the seller is usually trying to get more than what the item is worth to begin with. Of course thats in the eye of the potential buyer. If there is a price I know if I can afford it or not. This BS without a price just makes me think the seller is somehow not being honest or they really are NOT trying to sell it. The #1 step in ANY purchase to the buyer is {or shud be} CAN I AFFORD IT ! I have never offered anything without a price. I don't see the logic in it. If you want tons of unwanted e-mails, phone calls, and rediculaous offers go ahead and advertise without a price. Then the seller complains after months & months of not being able to sell the item that he/she is tired of all the crap conversations and so on. Then there is the OTHER point. Maybe the seller really doesn't want to sell it, or they will sell but only if they get more money than what it is worth. Or maybe the seller has the need to tell any potential buyer how great and fantastic their item is before the sticker shock...LOL
Anyway I always assume the item is over priced, or the seller is attempting to hide something when there isn't an advertised price.
Maybe the seller is embarrassed to put a price in the add ?
Either way I ahve absolutely no interest in even looking at any adds with 1.00 or no price. I avoid them like a scam.