Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Blowout of front tire in a bb 71 Camoaro as a passenger, pogoing another camaro due to no driveshaft loop passenger again, best is one I pm'ed spib about once though. Wintertime had closed the racing for the year, boredom had set in. No dragstrips around at the time so my buddy was dirt dragging. He had a Willys army jeep with a straight axle front, 406 sbc, turbo 350, 12 bolt rear paddle tires, etc. Late one night we were sitting in the shop, I brought up the question, wonder what it'd do with some slicks. So, on they went and away we went. No passenger seat, so I sat on the floor, No headlights, so I held the Maglight flashlight. When we got in high gear, the wind blowing in the front of this evil handling brick blew the plastic oil line ( Due to space we were tapping in above the oil filter ) onto the header. The resulting oil leak on the slicks caused us to do 3 complete 360's at about a buck 20 or so. When we got stopped, we were more concerned at the time with getting it fixed before the cops got there, so a quick roadside repair and we were outta there. Did I mention the open headers? :lol: