View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:28 AM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Best way to warm up an alcohol motor????

Originally Posted by jrthone
I have a 632 BBC Brodix bb3Xtra Ported heads , 15.5 C/R, Tunnel ram with bugcather and direct port methanol injection. Whats the best way to warm up my motor before going racing. Do i lean it out on idle to warm it up or just run it at med RPM after i have gained oil pressure.Every body here tells me differant things.I would like to start a discussion to see if i can settle it.
I do the same thing. run the motor with the fuel shut-off half way.I do this for two reasons, one obviously warm the motor, but this way, in my opinion, warms more than just the oil, you are heating the entire motor, and two, it helps start warming up the tranny fluid and convertor. Most guys forget about the tranny when they warm up the car. I have been doing this for years now and oil contamination is held to a minimum due to less fuel being used from the fuel shutoff being partially closed and it does warm up pretty quick this way. Hope this helps.

I also have a gas primer set up on my fogger system. works good, because your squirting fuel down each cylinder.