View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default ashley

as a funny car owner and driver i can talk about the way these things are. one minute they are fine the next they eat you! theres no way she will be able to react as her dad does or anyone else with"experience" andeven then the experienced drivers get hurt, burned or worse. but there is really no way to get the experience except to get in the dragons mouth and do it. its like dont get in the water unless you can swim. i agree with the above a alcohol funny would have been a great learning tool .funny cars are something not to be taken lightly they do have a mind of there own and will speak it every run. hopefully after every thing settles down someone will do something about her before something else happens. i know we are all racers and when it comes to elmination we all go somewhat to the extreme to try to win but we also know when to lift and race another day well at least some of the wise old guys do lol. ive lost several races due to the car just getting out of shape and maybe i could have saved it and won the race but why? life is to short and besides i can come back and race another day . i hate wrecking a perfectly good race car just to win a round that even if i won wouldnt pay enough to repair the car much less the hospital bills if something bad happened maybe im getting alittle wiser in my old age, but i dont have anything to prove to anyone! i dont think john is thinking clearly but maybe he will now. i think she is a good driver but put her in a dragster before she hurts herself or someone else. just my 2 cents